|SANITARY QUALIFICATION FOR BEACHES 2016
|Bathing water sanitary qualification*|
*Sanitary qualification 2016, calculated with the results of the last four seasons controls. Bathing water classification according to the criteria in Directive 2006/7 CEE and the Royal Decree 1341/2007.
A Guarda has river beaches and sea beaches, both are different but with the same high-quality standards. In the last years, Area Grande beach (sea) and the O Muíño Beach (river) have been awarded the Blue Flag environmental distinction and the SICTED quality mark “Tourist Quality Commitment” promoted by the Secretary of State. All of this shows the Council effort to offer a quality service and attention on the beaches. During the summer take place sports activities and events at these beaches.
BLUE FLAG 2016. BEACHES: AREA GRANDE & O MUÍÑO
The Blue Flag is an environmental quality annual award for beaches. The criteria for the Blue Flag are:
- Quality of bathing water: excellent waters. Analysis every two weeks.
- Information and environmental education panel and environmental activities.
- Environmental management: waste collection, environmental campaigns.
- Security services and facilities: Lifesaving Department.
More information at www.adeac.es
Blue flag Campaign (download as pdf)
SICTED. BEACHES: AREA GRANDE & O MUÍÑO
Since 2010 these beaches have the quality distinction SICTED “Tourist Quality Commitment” that promotes the General Secretariat of Tourism among tourist destinations.
The award acknowledges the effort and commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Thanks to the introduction of this quality system have improved the management of the beach with a new approach to continuous improvement.
More information at www.calidadendestino.es
ECO BEACH IN O MUIÑO BEACH
Since 2015 the ECO BEACH flag flies on the beach of O Muíño that certifies its quality from the environmental point of view.
This award is promoted by ATEGRUS, Technical Association for the waste management, urban cleaning and environmental, and was awarded by the manual cleaning of the beach that preserves the dune ecosystem and the different actions implemented for regeneration.
Each year it must be documented the improvements implemented to qualify for renewal.
CODE OF CONDUCT ON THE BEACH: TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS
TIPS FOR TAKING THE SUN:
- Avoid a long sun exposure
- Bathing Water Quality: excellent waters. Analysis every two weeks
- Take the sun gradually day by day
- Extreme caution in the midday hours
- Use sunscreens
TIPS ON WATER
- Avoid long baths.
- Do not bathe after eating abundantly or in case of notice fatigue.
- When you get into the water, do it slowly, wetting before the neck and wrists.
- In case of persistent chills, itching on the arms or stomach, feeling tired or cramps quickly get out of the water.
- Swim just in the recommended areas, or let the children play nearby.
TIPS ON SAND
- Place the garbage in the bins.
- Do not play sports or activities in the sand that can cause discomfort or danger to other users.
- Always follow the rules and recommendations established by the competent authorities and services.
- Pet access to the beach
- Make fire